Let it Ride strategy
To see the Poker hand rankings click here.
Let it Ride
Let it ride poker is fun and the ability to let your bet ride means that you have the thrill of making some big to and this article is all about betting to win
The tips below can help you win the big pots you desire.
We will now consider what to do (bet) after you receive the first three cards, and follow up what to do when you receive the forth card.
With Let it Ride poker the basic strategic consideration is based around the first four cards, and the first two betting circles.
Here the player has to decide whether or not the first four cards are appropriate to let the bets “ride”.
The first decision takes place after you have received your first 3 cards from the dealer. You will know instantly if you have a chance or not.
Often no thinking is required!
Being dealt three of a kind, or the first three cards of a flush, or straight, will obviously dictate you to let it ride.
These can only get better, and turn into a full house, or four of a kind.
You may be dealt a good potential and, then follow the rules you see below.
- Pair of tens or higher: Let it Ride. Minimum payout 1:1
- Three of a Kind: Let it Ride. Minimum payout 3:1
- Three cards to a Straight Flush: You can win in many ways, with a straight, flush, or even a straight flush. Let it Ride.
- Three cards to a Royal Flush: Same as above. Let it Ride.
- Three cards to a Flush/Possible Straight with two 10 value cards: Typically a weak hand. Don’t let it ride
- Three card Flush with J, 9, 8, 10, 9, 7 or 10, 8, 7: Not as good as the other Let it Rides above, but full of real possibilities. Let it Ride, for the first 3 cards, wait for the 4th card betting.
- K,Q,J or Q,J,10: As above, Let it Ride for the first 3 cards, decide on the 4ht, and second betting.
So now you are either out of or letting it ride and waiting for the 4th card.
Now you will see the dealer’s exposed card.
As in the previous example, when you see the first exposed card, and you have a “made” hand, you need not think to Let it Ride or not.
Where you have a guaranteed pair of 10s or better, you just Let it Ride.
Most of the time you will have “maybe” hands which need to turned into winners.
The hands with potential are known as playable hands.
If you don’t have a playable hand, you must remove the second bet, and put it back into your stake. Here are the playable hands. Let them Ride
Four of a Kind. A guaranteed winner, pay-out is 50-1
Three of a Kind. Again guaranteed with a payout of 3-1 for each of your bets. Also it can get better.
Two Pair. Still guaranteed winner, pay-out at 2-1It can also improve. Pair of 10′s or better. It can only get better.
Four Cards to a Royal Flush. Nothing guaranteed here, but it can get better. You might find yourself with a royal flush, straight flush, flush, straight or high pair Four Cards to a Straight Flush. Same as immediately above
Four to a Flush. Always play this hand out, and Let it Ride
Four Cards to an Open Ended Straight. Odds are not too much against you. Let it Ride.
Four Cards to a High Straight. Odds are not in your favor.
Don’t Let it Ride if…
You have been dealt an inside or one-way straight. The odds are definitely NOT in your favor.
With practice you will soon learn how to aim for the big pots that are available to win in Let It Ride poker so play with the above tips in mind and win!