Poker Hand Rankings
There are a lot of different types of poker games around but for all these different poker games the ranking of the hands is always the same. A standard pack of 52 cards is used, with no jokers. The ace is the high card, but it can also be used as the low card depending on you hand. A random number generator shuffles the deck before each game.
Below you see the hands you can get in poker. Number 1 is the best possible hand and number 10 the weakest.
1. Royal Flush: ten, jack, queen, king, ace of the same suit.
2. Straight Flush: Straight with all five cards in the same suit.
3. Four of a Kind: Four cards of the same number or value.
4. Full House: Three cards of one number or face value and two cards of another number or face value. If more then one player has a full house, the full house with the highest ranking three of a kind wins.
5. Flush: Five cards of the same suit. If there is more then one flush, the hand with the highest card wins.
6. Straight: Five cards in sequence. Cards Can be in any suit. n ace can be used a a high or low card.
7. Three of a kind: Three cards of the same number or face value.
8. Two Pair: If two players have a two pair, the hand with the highest pair wins.
9. One Pair: Two cards of the same number or value.
10. High card: The hand with the highest cards wins.