Play Free Roulette!
Play roulette with no registration, no download and no B.S. Just click on the image and start playing or click here for more free games
Roulette is probably the simplest game to understand in the online casino but it also has one of the worst odds in the casino gaming. If you are looking for a game that is easy to understand but you are willing to sacrifice on the house edge, then roulette might be your game. Let’s start with a short explanation to what the game roulette really is:
Roulette is a casino and gambling game named after the French word meaning “small wheel”. In the game a croupier spins a wheel in one direction, then spins a ball in the opposite direction around a tilted circular surface running around the circumference of the wheel. The ball eventually falls onto the wheel and into one of 37 (in European Roulette) or 38 (in American Roulette) colored and numbered pockets on the wheel.
The Roulette Wheel
The main pockets are numbered from 1 to 36 alternating between red and black, but the pockets are not in numerical order around the wheel, and there are instances of consecutive numbers being the same color. There is a green pocket numbered 0, and in American Roulette there is also a second green pocket marked 00.
Players can place a variety of ‘inside’ bets (selecting the number of the pocket the ball will land in, or range of pockets based on their position), and ‘outside’ bets (including bets on various positional groupings of pockets, pocket colors, or whether it is odd or even). The payout odds for each type of bet are based on its probability. There are usually posted rules for table minimum and maximum bets, and these rules usually apply separately for all of a player’s ‘inside’ and ‘outside’ bets for each spin.
Types of Bets
- Straight: a single number. The chip is placed entirely on the middle of a number square.
- Split: a bet on two adjoining numbers, either on the vertical or horizontal (as in 14-17 or 8-9). The chip is placed on the line between these numbers.
- Street: a bet on three numbers on a single horizontal line. The chip is placed on the edge of line of a number at the end of the line (either the left or the right, depending on the layout).
- Corner (or square): a bet on four numbers in a square layout (as in 11-12-14-15). The chip is placed at the horizontal and vertical intersection of the lines around the numbers.
- Sixline (or ‘sixaine’): a bet on two adjoining streets, with the chip placed at the corresponding intersection, as if in between where two street bets would be placed.
- Even Money Bets: a bet on 18 numbers. This is placed in the box representing the attribute (black/red/low/high/even/odd) that you wish to bet on.
- Group Bets: a bet on the first, second, or third group of twelve numbers.
- Column: a bet on all 12 numbers on any of the three vertical lines (such as 1-4-7-10 on down to 34). The chip is placed on the space below the final number in this string.
In online roulette, the first thing that has to be done is a bet has to be placed, that is, the amount of money that you are going to wager, and where you want to place the bet, i.e., which number or combination of numbers.
The virtual dealer will spin the wheel, which will spin multiple times until the ball finally chooses a slot to drop into which will become the winning number.
Players can bet on an individual number, any combinations of numbers, red or black and odd or even numbers. If a player bets on an individual number and the number is where the ball drops, then the payoff is 35 to 1.
Players can also choose to bet a combination of numbers if they wish as well. For instance a player may want to bet on four numbers and can’t decide which one so he may place the bet in the corner of all four numbers. For example, 10-11-13-14 corner and if one of the numbers is the winning number on the spin, then the wager will pay off at an 8 to 1 payoff.
The roulette wheel’s bets payoff anywhere from 2 to 1 all the way up to 35 to 1.
Most online tables will indicate what the table minimum is as well as reinstate the rules of the game through the help function.
The most strategy involved in the game of roulette is which bet to place.